Saturday 6 November 2010

Does this sound familiar to you?

Ever done a craft fair?

A forum friend wrote this blog post the other day, and I really wanted to share it with you.  It's a funny read, but it's also oh so true!

If you've ever done a craft fair, you'll recognise a few of the characters I am sure.  And if you've not done an event yet, still read it, and be prepared!

So, apart from being amused by this blog post, what else have I been up to.  Well, the kiln has been working hard, as has the grinder, although it's poorly today, I do hope I haven't broken it for good.

I've been playing with more decals, but I haven't taken any photographs yet, so here's something else I made instead....


  


I've been quite busy, trying to build up stock for the Open Studio Event next weekend.  I hope to offer a chance to decorate glass tree ornaments, so that's the latest task this week.  I also went along to a networking meeting at Erewash Partnership, met some thoroughly lovely people, as well as hopefully made some useful contacts and I visited a local infants school the other day about a potential project there.  I'll tell you more about that in due course...

Oh, and most exciting news!  I have some of my ceramic wall art pieces on display in their first gallery shop!  Tim at Corner Arts in Ilkeston had a look at my work last week, liked what he saw and took all four pieces that I showed him, so that was rather pleasing.  I haven't been back since they've been hung, hope they look good on his walls.






No comments: